Utah Symphony Youth Guild is dedicated to: 1) giving students a greater involvement with the arts and 2) supporting the Utah Symphony through volunteer service and educational activities. Membership is open to *families with children* ages 8 to 18. While the Youth Guild encourages everyone to reap the many benefits of learning to play an instrument, membership is open to musicians and non-musicians alike.
Membership in the Youth Guild provides you and your family Educational and Service opportunities (listed below). For a complete description and specific dates see our Education and Service Opportunities document.
- You may attend backstage seminars (a tour + meet & greet with Utah Symphony Musicians)
- Masterclasses provided by world-renowned guest artists
- Pre-concert lectures given by feature conductors, artists, and distinguished members of our community
- Open rehearsals (sitting in on a rehearsal prior to opening night)
- Our Youth Guild Recital
- Article writing for our monthly newsletter, blog or your school newspaper
- Random Acts of Music (informal performances in public spaces)
- Coat Check (in the lobby of Abravanel Hall before, during, and after Symphony concerts)
- Ushering (for Symphony Concerts)
- Assisting with Family Music Fair (pre-family-concert activities in the Lobby of Abravanel Hall)
- Lobbyfest Performances (30 minute pre-concert performances in the Lobby of Abravanel Hall)
After joining the Youth Guild, you will receive monthly newsletters announcing upcoming Educational and Service opportunities.
Members of the Youth Guild also qualify for our Voucher Program (See the Printable Youth Guild Application for eligible concerts)
- Vouchers are an additional cost to the Youth Guild Membership
- Vouchers are distributed in a set of four, and are clearly marked “Voucher 1, Voucher 2, Voucher 3, and Voucher 4.”
- Each voucher corresponds to four different Symphony and Opera concerts. You may pick one of these concerts in redeeming your voucher.
- Each set of vouchers is valid for one person (adult or child).
- Each set of vouchers per child (age 8-18) is $24. Each set of vouchers per adult (age 19+) is $48.
- Only Youth Guild children, their parents, or their grandparents have the option of buying ticket vouchers.
- Vouchers must be redeemed at least 24 hours in advance in person at the ticket office in Abravanel Hall or via phone.
*Single individuals who do not have children are not eligible for Youth Guild Membership. Any applications received that do not indicate valid information for both the parent and child will be rejected.*